STAINLESS STEEL MANIFOLDS
Stainless Steel Manifolds are ideal cast iron replacements, designed to eliminate leaking and corrosion. Lightweight. Custom made. Built to last the distance.
MarineTorq’s Stainless Steel Manifolds are a unique one-piece construction, designed for petrol and diesel inboard boat engines. Built to prevent engine failure, boost performance, and improve fuel efficiency.
A manifold collects and cools the hot exhaust gases as they are expelled from the engine, while simultaneously allowing the cooling water to exit. It is an integral part of your boat, which has to withstand extreme temperatures, water, vibrations, and corrosion. For cast iron manifolds, this combination is a ticking time bomb.
The average lifespan of a cast iron manifold is 2-3 years. There’s no obvious warning light for manifold failure, so unless the manifold is replaced regularly, you could be facing irreversible and expensive engine damage. In comparison, a quality stainless steel manifold can potentially last the lifetime of your boat.
Why Choose Stainless Steel
Our Manifolds are made from premium quality stainless steel. Here’s why…
- Stainless steel is very lightweight- a MarineTorq manifold weighs only 7 kg on average. In comparison, a cast iron manifold can weigh upwards of 50kg. This means stainless steel will reduce the dead weight by up to 80%!
- Cast Iron manifolds typically corrode with a blistering action, leaving layers of rust which block water flow and speed up the corrosion process. MarineTorq’s stainless manifolds include a sacrificial zinc anode, which prevents a build-up of rust. This means better performance, plus less time and money spent on replacements!
- The thickness and grade of stainless steel used in MarineTorq’s manifolds has been extensively tested to prevent cracking or brittleness under extreme heat and pressure. Capable of withstanding 650-700 horsepower, the quality and longevity means we can offer a much longer lifespan and warranty period than cast iron manifolds.
- Stainless steel is as beautiful as it is functional, the workmanship and eye-catching finish will make your engine bay a conversation starter! Compared to rusty cast iron, a shiny set of stainless manifolds are worth showing off.
Our Most Common Questions
Do Stainless Steel Manifolds Rust?
No, MarineTorq’s stainless steel manifolds won’t rust and here’s why. Each manifold includes a sacrificial zinc anode which when replaced regularly, keeps the manifold in perfect condition. We recommend checking your anodes every 3 months, and replacing every 6 months to maintain the manifold warranty. Learn more about how anodes work.
Freshwater vs Saltwater Manifold Lifespan
In freshwater, we are confident our stainless steel manifolds will last the lifetime of your boat. With regular anode replacement, MarineTorq’s stainless manifolds will also last indefinitely in saltwater. In one instance, a set of manifolds have been on a customer’s boat (in saltwater) for 20+ years. For more on maintenance and replacement parts, click here.
Lifespan of Stainless Steel vs Cast Iron
The average lifespan of a cast iron manifold can be as short as 2-3 years, and regular maintenance/ replacement is a non-negotiable for avoiding engine failure. In comparison, MarineTorq stainless steel manifolds have been proven to last 10+ years, offering better long term value and less time in the workshop. Find out more on the benefits of stainless steel vs cast iron.
Advantages of Stainless
Stainless steel manifolds are more than just a replacement for corroded or failed cast iron manifolds. Discover the many advantages of a MarineTorq manifold…
Prevent Water Damage and Engine Failure: The one-piece construction eliminates all joints and gaskets, and combined with a built-in anode and anti-water reversion cone, eliminates any risk of corrosion or leaking
Reduce Dead Weight: With MarineTorq’s lightweight design, you can reduce dead weight by up to 80%, and feel a significant increase in power and performance
Increase Fuel Efficiency: Achieve noticeable gains in fuel economy with less dead weight and a cooler engine bay
Customise Your Design: We work with you to create the perfect manifold, including custom risers, spacers, sensors, brackets and more
Extend Your Manifold Service Life: MarineTorq manifolds last upwards of 10 years, requiring only an anode replacement every 6 months. Spend less time and money on cast iron replacements, and more time out on the water
DIY Install: Full fitting kit included, and only one-person required for install
10 Year product warranty*: Enjoy total peace of mind, without risk of engine failure. *Ski boat manifolds have a 5 year warranty.
- Thick stainless steel
- Seamless one-piece design
- Lightweight construction
- Stainless steel water jacket
- Replaceable zinc anode
- Custom options available
- Simple bolt on installation
- 10 year product warranty*
- Worldwide delivery
*Ski boat manifolds have a 5 year warranty.