Preventative maintenance is essential to keeping your boat running smoothly, and extending the lifespan of your manifolds. MarineTorq’s Care Kit brings you genuine replacement parts specific to your manifold.
Care Kit Fitting Instructions
We recommend reading the following tips prior to replacing any Manifold components.
- When installing anodes, we suggest using Teflon tape on the anode to create a strong seal and prevent any risk of leaking. Please note anodes should be checked every 3 months and replaced every 6 months to maintain your product warranty. The anode is ready to be replaced once it has lost approximately half its size to corrosion.
- Lock tight the stainless steel bolts when installing. Then after your first, second, and third use, go back in and re-tighten the bolts. It is expected that bolts may come loose after first use due to expanding and contracting.
- Use gasket sealant on both sides of the gaskets
- It’s common practice to flush the manifold through with a hose after installation, to ensure everything is running smoothly. If you do so, please remember this is not the normal amount of water that passes through the manifold and the top of the manifold may feel hot to the touch. This will not occur once the boat is running correctly out on the water.
Care Kit Key Features
- Genuine MarineTorq replacement anodes and bolts
- Choice of stainless/ graphite gaskets
- Australian-made boat wash and engine flush
At checkout, please use the notes section to confirm:
- Whether your engine is V8 or V6
- Your original manifold order number
These details will help us process your order quickly.